Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bad Free Comic Book Day!

Hello everyone! I have started this blog to speak my mind on a wide variety of subjects from my love of anime and comics to my art.

Todays rant brought to you by Duncan Comics!

Today was the second year I went to a Free Comic Book Day event! I was really looking forward to it. Because of my health, I don't get out to often. Luckly my good friend said she would take me up to my local comic shop. My father and I have been going to this shop off and on for a few years now. So, the shop owners know me and my father fairly well. I got up to the shop just as it opened. There were around 7 or 10 people who came in with me. Among then some hyper kids with ice cream cones. Well, I went over to the very small area where the Free Comic Book Day comics were to find a sign saying only six per person. Last year I took a full set for me and my father, and I was a bit upset. This year there was around 42 comics that came out for FCBD. My firend said I could have her six. So my friend took hers up to the counter and I followed. I ask, "Hey Tom what's up with the with the six comics per person?" He said that because of ME last year no one could take more then six because they get so many people here. It was my FAULT! I told him I didn't take two of everything for myself I took some for my dad to who had gone with me. So he basicly told me it was my fault and every had to suffer becase of what I did the years before. I told him that was very mean of him. He told me last year to take what I wanted so I did. Now he gets all rude with me! I left very upset. If he doesn't have enough for FCBD then he should ask for more for his shop! I knew he never really liked me but I never thought he would say such things to someone had been coming to his shop for so long! I think he's just upset that people come in for the free comics and don't buy anything more. The guy comes from a family thats well off. The just run the shop for fun. They are never willing to haggle and everthing is over priced! I know I shouldn't let this get to me but it does! I rarely go out becasue of how bad my health gets. I was so happy on the way there and he just killed my happy buzz! I'm not a overly happy person so its rare for me to get so hyped over something.
What Was going on in my head...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Take That You Bastard!!


I at lest I can say I can hold my temper and mouth! I guess I need to find a new comic shop to go to...














No comments: